Libby is a free app from Overdrive and is the easiest way to borrow ebooks and digital audiobooks from the Carnegie-Stout Public Library with your Dubuque resident library card.
If you haven’t tried the Libby app yet, here are 10 great reasons why you should:
1. Losing a book or having overdue items is impossible when you use the Libby app because titles are returned automatically at the end of the lending period!
2. You can customize your reading experience. Change the text size, audio speed, screen lighting, and font design that works best for you while reading or listening to a book.
3. Listening to audiobooks helps you read more books! Audiobooks allow you to multitask (listen while exercising, doing chores, yardwork, etc.), so you have more time to read more books!
4. You can open your library anywhere! With the Libby app, you have thousands of books at your fingertips no matter where you are.
5. If you belong to more than one library or share a device with other family members, you can add additional library cards to the Libby app for easy account management of all your ebooks and audiobooks.
6. The Libby app is available 24/7. Need something to read in the middle of the night? Just open your Libby app and instantly borrow an ebook or audiobook!
7. Set your preferences to see only the books you want. From the home screen, tap “Preferences” to select the format, language, availability, and more for what you want to see when using the Libby app.
8. Borrow ebooks on Libby and read them on your Kindle. Most titles on Libby can be read on Kindle. Options for reading appear when you click to borrow a title or go to your shelf and tap “Manage Your Loan,” then “Read With,” and select the format you want to read.
9. Create custom tags. Organize your Libby bookshelf with tags for book club, TBR titles, favorite reads, or whatever you want!
10. Share titles with friends and family! Recently finished an ebook or audiobook you just loved and can’t wait to tell people about it or find a title that’s perfect for a friend or family member? Simply click the share icon next to a title to send a link via email, social media, text message, and more!