Tax Forms & Printing at Carnegie-Stout Public Library
The Iowa Department of Revenue is not distributing paper tax instruction booklets through Carnegie-Stout Public Library this year, and the selection from the IRS is very limited. Library staff can help you find tax forms and instructions online and print them for $0.15 per double-sided sheet. For more information, call Carnegie-Stout Public Library at 563-589-4225 and ask for the Reference Desk.
Iowa Tax Forms
Iowa tax forms are available online at https://tax.iowa.gov/forms. Help with Iowa forms and tax questions is available by calling 515-281-3114 or 800-367-3388.
Federal Tax Forms
Federal tax forms and instructions are available online at https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions. You can order free forms to be delivered to you by mail at https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/forms-and-publications-by-us-mail or by calling 800-829-3676. Tax help is available by calling 800-829-1040. According to the IRS, live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time.
For Economic Impact (Stimulus) Payment questions, see “Get My Payment” at https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment and “Recovery Rebate Credit” at https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/recovery-rebate-credit. You may also call 800-919-9835 to ask about stimulus payments, but according to the IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time.
Free Tax Preparation in Dubuque
Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (HACAP) at https://www.hacap.org/ is providing free and confidential tax preparation for individuals with low to moderate incomes. Here are some details:
- Residents of Dubuque and surrounding counties in Iowa and Illinois making at or below $54,000 may qualify
- Because of COVID, taxes will be completed by drop-off only
- Pick up intake and consent forms at the lobby of Hawkeye Area Community Action Program (HACAP) in Dubuque
- Return completed forms and copies of tax documents to the HACAP lobby between Monday, February 8 and Friday, April 9, 2021
- The lobby is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and has a drop-off box and printer/scanner for convenience
- HACAP is located at 220 W. 7th St. in Dubuque. The lobby entrance is on Main Street at the Town Clock Plaza across from N.I.C.C.
- You will be notified in approximately two weeks when your tax return is completed
- For more details, please call HACAP in Dubuque at 563-556-5130 or 563-513-8829